Interim Report of The Committee on New Business of Keidanren
Recommendations for Creating New Businesses:
July 18, 1995
Building an Economy and Society that Nurtures the Entrepreneurial Spirit
(The Japan Federation of Economic Organizations)
The goal of this report is to stimulate the creation of new industries and
businesses which embody an entrepreneurial spirit and to encourage existing
firms to launch innovative new businesses. The report first analyzes the
reasons behind Japan's slow progress in the arena of new industry and business
creation and then proposes economic and social reforms which will enable the
Japanese people to enjoy the benefits of their economic success.
The Committee's wide-ranging recommendations focus on creating new
industries and businesses that will support Japan's economic future. In this
context, the report encompasses policy recommendations for both the public and
private sectors and encourages Japan's corporate leaders to become true
After careful evaluation by the Committee, the initial draft of the report was
widely circulated via the Internet. The final draft benefited significantly from
suggestions made by more than 2,000 individuals, both at home and abroad, who
are interested in the development of new industries and businesses. The
Committee wishes to express its gratitude to all who participated, particularly to
those who sent in specific suggestions.
- Why Is New Industry And Business Creation Necessary?
- Impediments To The Start-Up of New Industries: The Direction of Reform.
- Realization of A Free And Vigorous Market Economy.
- Adoption of The Stock Option System:
- Reform of The Taxation System:
- The Free Flow of Human Resources:
- Promotion of R&D That Creates Business:
- Stimulating The Start-Up of Independent Businesses And Economic Growth:
- Improvement of The Fundraising Climate:
- The Incubation Function and Regional Revitalization:
- Responsibilities of the central and municipal governments:
- Progress Report on "Creation of New Businesses" :
- Promotion of Corporate Venture Businesses:
- Large Corporations and the Corporate Alliance:
- Creating the Entrepreneurial Spirit Within Each Employee:
- Reform of The People's Perceptions:
- Long-Term Educational Reform And Fostering Creative Individuals:
Home Page in English