(Japan Coal Association)
Measures to cope with global warming
- The amount of recovery of methane gas generated in the process of extracting coal will be raised 44% in 2010.
- Amount of electric power used will be reduced 57.5% by 2010. The amount of lumber used will be reduced 70.4%. (All figures are percentage of 1995 figures.)
- Cut down use of electric power through structural adjustment and technological improvement.
- Cut down use of lumber by improving extraction method and mine shaft maintenance.
- Restrict release of methane gas into the atmosphere and use the recovered methane gas as a resource.
Waste Disposal Measures
- Rate of reuse of coal mine refuse will be raised to 24.3% in 2010 from 19% in 1995.
- Rate of reuse of coal ash will be raised similarly from 72.6% to 83.3%
- Use as road bed improvement material and material for mixing with cement.
- Use sub-standard product (low calorie coal) as energy source.
Environmental Conservation in Overseas Business Activities
- Will actively promote technical exchange and technical cooperation in the Asia-Pacific region.
Home Page in English