(Brewers Association of Japan)
Measures to cope with global warming
- CO2 emission in the production and distribution of beer shall be stabilized at below the 1990 level.
- The energy input per unit of output in beer breweries shall be stabilized at below the 1990 level.
- Restrict emission by cutting down energy use.
- Restrict emission by switching fuel.
- Speed up adoption of unpleasant air processing equipment for waste water disposal.
- Restrict emission by improving distribution efficiency.
- Efficient use of heat, etc.
Waste Disposal Measures
- To promote reduced use and recycling of containers and packaging (maintaining a continuous recovery rate (99%) of the returnable bottle system)
- Raise the recycling of surplus dirty slush and waste diatom.
- Reduce surplus dirty slush by means of unpleasant air processing.
- Raise the recycling rate of label dust, raw material bag and used paper.
- In order to grapple voluntarily and continuously with the problem ofenvironmental preservation, an environmental management system will be built and efforts will be made for its operation by means of implementationof environmental monitoring, etc.
Environmental Conservation in Overseas Business Activities
- In conducting operations overseas, efforts will be made to give furtherconsideration to the environment, including the transfer of technologyrelating to environmental conservation.
- This is a provisional plan. An environmental conservation experts committee will be set up in the Brewers Association of Japan and will review the substance of the provisional plan with 1998 as the target.
Home Page in English