(The Japan Rubber Manufacturers Association)
Measures to cope with global warming
- Energy input per unit of output and CO2 emission in year 2000 shall be maintained at the 1990 level.
- Will address reduction of CO2 in line with LCA.
Waste Disposal Measures
- The volume of final disposal of waste will be reduced in 2010 by 30% from 1990.
- Cleaner production will be promoted at all stages from product designing to discarding.
- With 2001 as the target, a concrete numerical target will be set up for the recycling rate of rubber products and efforts will be made to attain the target.
- Regarding the environmental management setup, the appointment of a director in charge, an officer in charge and an organization in charge will be pushed on the condition that the problem will be addressed in accordance with the level of each company.
- With regards to companies which have not yet adopted the system, efforts will be made to disseminate and teach the ISO standard.
Environmental Conservation in Overseas Business Activities
- Will disseminate and teach the "Ten-Point-Environmental Guidelines" of the Keidanren Global Environment Charter.
- In connection with overseas production and product export, the actual situation regarding environmental effect will be grasped.
- Giving heed to the environmental situation in the host country, activities that will serve as an example will be conducted.
Home Page in English