(Flat Glass Association of Japan)
Measures to cope with global warming
- Amount of energy used in the production process shall be reduced by 8% in 2000 and by 10% in 2010 as compared with 1990.
- Raise energy efficiency.
- Develop technology for reducing CO2 gas in the manufacturing process and technology for energy conversion.
- Promote the dissemination of multiplex glass.
Waste Disposal Measures
- The volume of waste emission in the manufacturing process will be reduced by about 75% in 2000 and about 80% in 2010, as compared with 1990.
- Promotion of reduction of waste in the production process and of recycling.
- Measures regarding product recycling.
- Measures regarding offices, etc.
- The building of a setup to acquire ISO14000 certification will be promoted.
- Periodic environmental inspection will be carried out.
Environmental Conservation in Overseas Business Activities
- Will consider environmental conservation in overseas business activities.
- Will cooperate in environmental conservation overseas.
Home Page in English