(Japan Brass Makers Association)
Measures to cope with global warming
- Improvement in manufacturing energy input per unit of output. Measures to reduce by 2010 the use of energy by 7.5% as compared with 1995.
- Raise the ratio of scrap use.
- Energy-saving activities in the manufacturing process.
- Consideration of recovery and use of waste heat.
- Improvement of transport efficiency
- Accumulation of small-scale energy-saving by promoting grass-roots movement, etc.
Waste Disposal Measures
- The recycling rate will be raised to more than 55% in 2010.(Rate in 1995 was about 40%.)
- Restrain output of industrial waste.
- Promote recycling of industrial waste.
- Push environmental management according to the industry's management system.
- Place the activities of the Environmental Conservation Research Council and the Energy Conservation Research Council on a routine basis and improve the substance of the activities. Hold meetings for announcing examples of improvement in the environmental conservation situation, etc.
- Will consider a system for environmental management and inspection by the Association. Specifically, will keep periodic track of the situation regarding environmental conservation activities, etc.
- Will consider management systems such as ISO14000.
Environmental Conservation in Overseas Business Activities
- With the target of holding down to zero the occurrence of environmental problems, we will without question observe the regulations of the host country and positively transfer our country's environmental conservation technology.
- The Association will keep track of the situation by making it obligatory for companies to submit reports on their environmental management situation in host countries.
- Efforts will be made to spread the realization of the importance of environmental conservation.
- This plan was drafted by the following 12 companies:
- Mitsui Mining and Smelting, Kobe Steel, Sumitomo Metal Mining Brass and Copper Corporation, Sambo Copper Alloy Corporation, Nippon Mining and Metals Company, The Furukawa Electric, Sumitomo Metal Industries, Hitachi Cable, Mitsubishi Shindoh, Mitsubishi Electric Metecs, Dowa Mining, Mitsubishi Materials Corporation.
Home Page in English