(Japan Electric Wire and Cable Makers' Association)
Measures to cope with global warming
- As of the year 2000, energy consumption in the copper and aluminum electric cable production plants will be held down to the 1990 level.
- The energy consumption per production length of optical fiber cable in the production factory will be reduced, by 20% at fiscal 2000, and by 35% at fiscal 2010, from the fiscal 1990 level.
- Promote energy-conservation activities, such as switchover to energy-saving process; raise overall energy efficiency; use idle energy, etc.
- Keeping track regularly of the progress made towards the target.
Waste Disposal Measures
- The volume of waste generated in production plants will be reduced 20% in fiscal 2000, 40% in fiscal 2010,from fiscal 1995
- Raise the recycling rate by coordinating with other industries and promote the reduction of waste output, the development of recycling technology, etc.
- Develop products which can be easily recycled.
- Keep regular track of the degree to which target is being attained.
- Will Set up an environmental management system and conduct internal inspection.
- Efforts will be made to adopt the ISO environmental management standard.
Environmental Conservation in Overseas Business Activities
- It goes without saying that environmental standards of host countries will be respected. And also, in order to make sure that everything is perfect, Japan's environmental standards will be used as reference, conforming to the guidelines of the Keidanren Global Environment Charter.
Home Page in English