(Electronic Industries Association of Japan, others)
#At present, a draft. Final decision expected in Feb. 1997
Measures to cope with global warming
- CO2 input per unit of output in 2010 will be improved by more than 25% over 1990.
- Energy-saving measures at each work place.
- Making energy-saving products. Regarding Hi-Vision television, it is expected to reduce the average electricity consumption by 25% compared with 1993, etc.
Waste Disposal Measures
Target will be set only for waste from plants as follows:
- Final disposal volume will be reduced in 2010 by more than 40% from 1992.
- The target for recycling in 2010 will be set at over 60%.
- Use of LCA methodology, etc.
- Recover waste separated according to type, push recycling thoroughly.
- Introduce heat recovery facility, etc.
- The majority of companies in our industry are positively making efforts to acquire ISO14001.
Environmental Conservation in Overseas Business Activities
- In conducting operations overseas, greater environmental conservation activities will be continued and cooperation will be extended through technology transfer and human resources development.
- In the event of big changes due to technological innovation, target values, etc. will be reviewed.
- This plan was drafted by the following three organizations:
Communications Industry Association of Japan,
Electronic Industries Association of Japan,
Japan Electronic Industry Development Association.
Home Page in English