(Japan Association of Rolling Stock Industries)
Measures to cope with global warming
- By the year 2000, stabilize the CO2 gas exhausted as energy is consumed in the rolling stock production process at the 1990 level.
- As a measure to reduce weight for higher speed and to save energy, promote the introduction of cars made of stainless steel and aluminium alloy.
Waste Disposal Measures
- By the year 2000, reduce the amount of final disposal waste from disassembled cars by 10% from the 1990 level.
- Promotion of product development from the viewpoint of LCA.
- Effective use of the shredder dust generated from used rolling stocks.
- Will promote the building of a setup for acquiring ISO14001 certification.
Environmental Conservation in Overseas Business Activities
- The best conceivable environmental conservation technology will be adopted in the overseas host country.
Home Page in English