(Federation of Electric Power Companies)
Measures to cope with global warming
- Efforts will be made to reduce in 2010 the CO2 emission per unit of output in the electric power industry as a whole by about 20% as compared to the 1990 actual. As a result, although the electric power output in 2010 is expected to increase 1.5 times over 1990, the amount of CO2 emission will be kept down to an increase of about 1.2 times.
- Promotion of the best mix of electricity sources centering on atomic energy power generation.
- Promotion of efficient use of energy.
- Promotion of adoption and wide dissemination of new energy.
- Promotion of technological development for recovery, disposal and stabilization relating to CO2.
- Support for energy-saving in the use of electricity, etc.
Waste Disposal Measures
- Efforts will be made to expand to by about 4 million tons the recycling of coal ash by the electric power industry as whole in 2010. (Figure in 1990 was 1.37 million tons.)
- Expansion of the use of coal ash as cement raw material, and for mixing with concrete.
- Vigorous development and publicizing of technology and methods for use in various ways.
- Will address the problem positively on the basis of the purport of the ISO14000 series.
Environmental Conservation in Overseas Business Activities
- Full consideration will be given to the environment when starting operations overseas in the future.
- Accepting trainees from overseas, dispatching technical experts overseas and training technicians will be undertaken for developing countries.
- Efforts will be made to complete a nuclear fuel recycling system to enhance, in part, a recycle-based society.
Home Page in English