(Japan Gas Association)
Measures to cope with global warming
- In 2010, energy efficiency will be raised by 15% over 1990 in the manufacturing/distribution stages and the consumption stage. (The CO2 reduction will be equivalent to about 3,300,000 tons in terms of nitrogen.)
- Promotion of popularization of natural gas.
- Promotion of efficient use of energy.
Waste Disposal Measures
- The volume of excavated soil will be reduced in 2010 by 35% as compared with the conventional open excavation method.
- The recycling rate of excavated soil will be raised in 2010 up to 70%. With regards to asphalt concrete, the rate will be 80%. (In 1990, it was 25%)
- Will reduce the volume of total ordinary waste generated by 50% in 2010 as compared with 1990.
- Will reuse 60% of ordinary waste generated in 2010. (Especially with regard to paper waste, 75% will be recycled.)
- Reduction of volume of excavated soil in connection with gas conduit construction and grappling with recycling.
- Reduction of office paper by promoting office automation.
- Reduction of volume by turning into compost and making it reducible.
- Thorough separation of waste by type. Make efforts to push recycling by promoting joint action with neighboring companies.
- Efforts will be made to promote and disseminate the environmental management system through concrete educational activities, such as compiling the industry's manual for a standard environmental management system and holding seminars relating to the use of the system.
Environmental Conservation in Overseas Business Activities
- Efforts will be made towards international cooperation and exchange of technical information and cooperation will be extended regarding reduction of C02 in overseas city gas operations, such as transferring technology and developing human resources, etc.
- Will observe the Keidanren Global Environment Charter and will positively grapple with environmental considerations overseas.
Home Page in English