Policy Proposals CSR, Education, D&I Memorandum of Understanding between the United Nations Development Programme and KEIDANREN
Article I: Purpose and Scope
The purpose of this MOU is to provide a framework of cooperation and facilitate and strengthen collaboration between the Parties, on a non-exclusive basis, in areas of common interest.
The overall objective of this MOU is to establish a framework for cooperation to accelerate Japanese private sector's engagement in development towards the achievement of the SDGs.
Expected outcome of this MOU is to establish an enabling environment to facilitate creation and expansion of inclusive and innovative business models that contribute to achievement of the SDGs.
Article II: Areas of Cooperation
The Parties intend to cooperate in the following areas of activity:
- Cooperation to identify and to match project ideas and business cases ("needs and seeds") for SDGs implementation. Action points include:
- Showcase examples of innovation for the SDGs by KEIDANREN member companies, as these are relevant and in accordance with the needs of Members States.
- Call KEIDANREN member companies for participation to UNDP projects at country level to address development issues on the ground.
- Cooperation in the area of UNDP private sector strategy. Action points include:
- Share UNDP private sector strategy, platforms and programs developed by UNDP with KEIDANREN, including SDGs impact assessment tools.
- Exchange views on the effectiveness of such platforms and programs including through trials and feedback by KEIDANREN member companies.
- Exchange views on modalities to effectively report and disseminate measured impacts of projects that contribute to the SDGs achievement.
- Cooperation to communicate joint efforts by UNDP and KEIDANREN for the SDGs achievement. Action points include:
- Organize UNDP-KEIDANREN joint symposia in Tokyo (e.g. at KEIDANREN Building), to be co-hosted with other relevant actors as deemed appropriate.
- Organize UNDP-KEIDANREN joint symposia at UN HQ on relevant occasions such as the UN High-level Political Forum.
- Post UNDP-KEIDANREN joint activities through communications channels of both parties, including the SDGs website of KEIDANREN